Update COVID-19: October 5
Important notices, emergencies, and alerts
GOVERNMENT ANNOUNCEMENTS - In RED ZONE only:
- From October 8 to October 28 (for red zone):
- Students, and staff, in high schools will be required to wear face masks at all times, indoors and outdoors of school grounds.
- Grade 10 and 11 students will go to school one day out of two, to reduce the concentration of students in buildings.
- Classroom attendance is suspended in universities and colleges.
- Temporary closure of fitness centres.
- Temporary suspension of sports and recreations activities.
- Sports-studies and art studies will be maintained with respect for class groups.
- Sports and leisure associations will have to cease until 28 October (to be reassessed).
- The free practice of sports and leisure is allowed, in accordance with sanitary measures.
- No changes for elementary schools. Continuation of current measures.
- Recruitment campaign for additional staff in schools (e.g. janitor and supervisor).
- For more information: https://www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/