Update - COVID-19: February 17
Important notices, emergencies, and alerts
- Following the press briefing of February 16, 2021.
- The government announced a relaxation of the measures in place for March Break.
- Easing of some measures:
- Reopening of cinemas (masks are mandatory, respect of 2 meters and a maximum of 250 people per room).
- Sports and recreational activities allowed outside in public places for people from the same residence or for a maximum of eight people from different residences.
- Possible partial reopening of pools and arenas (free practice of sports, individual, duo or family bubble training, with an instructor).
- Measures and instructions:
- Curfew maintained between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Inter-regional travel must be avoided.
- Childcare should not be provided by persons 65 years of age and older, especially grandparents.
- Employers are asked to be flexible and provide time off for employees who need to provide childcare during the spring break.
- Info: www.quebec.ca/en/health/health-issues/a-z/2019-coronavirus/