Important notices, emergencies, and alerts
Heat warning in effect: until Sunday
Temperatures will approach 30 degrees Celsius and humidex values could reach 40.
The nights will be uncomfortable, with lows near 24 degrees Celsius.- Omni-Centre (375 Cardinal-Léger Blvd.), for air conditioning, open until 9 pm depending on demand.
To refresh yourself:
- Pincourt Library (225 Pincourt Blvd.), for air conditioning, open until 8:30 pm until Thursday, but closed for the weekend from 5 pm on Friday.
- Splash Pad (375 Cardinal-Léger Blvd.), open until 9 pm.
- Municipal pool (364 Olympique Blvd.), open until 9 pm.
- Drink 6 to 8 glasses of water per day. As appropriate, follow your physician's instructions regarding the amount of fluid to drink.
- Avoid alcoholic beverages.
- If you can, spend at least 2 hours a day in an air-conditioned or cool place.
- Take at least one cool shower or bath per day, or cool your skin several times per day with wet towels.
- Limit physical activity.
- Wear light clothes.
- Never leave a child, a baby or an animal alone in a vehicle or a poorly ventilated room, even for a few minutes.
- In hot weather, avoid walking your dog on asphalt as it can result in serious burns to their paws.